Friday, July 6, 2012

No, I haven't disappeared...

...I've just been on hiatus.  First my computer met Diet Vernors.  They found each other disagreeable company and the M and N keys refused to work, necessitating multiple trips to the Apple store.  Then, I was out of town two weekends in a row.  This having weekends off thing is neat -- do people get that every five days?  Wow!

Trip #1 was to Chicago.  This was not entirely a pleasure trip; Husband had to provide a sperm sample and get his bloodwork (again, despite having been tested multiple times and being faithful to me, just in case he somehow contracted HIV or HBV or HCV via the air).  Fortunately we got that (and the requisite fight) over with quickly.  I'd like to thank Delta Airlines for canceling our flight.  (Oh, wait -- no, I don't exactly thank them.)  At least Northwestern accommodated our slightly tardy arrival and we were done with the baby-related part of the trip by 1:30pm.  The nurse coordinator said they will split Husband's sample this time so that if/when this round fails, we don't need to come back but only to find a new egg donor.

I'm still not holding my breath.  I just hope that the miscarriage doesn't happen on my birthday.  Because it now looks like (IF donor's colonoscopy is ok) we are aiming for a September transfer.  Which would put mid-November in prime miscarriage territory.  Please, G-d, don't let that happen!

The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun.  We toured Navy Pier, saw a fencing tournament, walked all over the city, and overate.  The weather was lovely and it was nice just to spend some time together.  We also had fun embracing our nerdy science side at the museum of science and industry.  Of course, I just had to find my way to the room where the unborn babies are preserved to show different phases of development.  And yes, I found the 17wk3day baby.  Just a day older than Peanut was.

I did not cry.

We came back to Detroit, where I finished the last week of internship.  Then it was time for trip #2.  UP NORTH!  You only understand if you know where I live.  But that's okay.

And you will have to wait until tomorrow for details, because Husband is tired and wants to go to bed.

Good night and Shabbat Shalom, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment