Thursday, June 7, 2012

In Which our heroine seeks advice

I am sad, bitter, and envious.  I admit this freely.  And now some friends are baking Baby #2, which doesn't make things any easier.

But why should I feel this way?  I have such goodness in my life and yet I can't appreciate it.  I have tried chasing away the negative emotions by listing the reasons I should be grateful.  I have forced myself to dance to peppy music.  I have banged out Beethoven on my piano in ways that would make him spin in his grave.

Nothing helps.  Does anyone have advice?  I wish I could move on to acceptance already.  I know I am missing out on life by feeling down and upset.  And I know that my attitude is the only part of this process under my control.  So why can't I learn to bear this with grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment