Sunday, March 4, 2012

When do we plan on having children? And a question for the intended-parent and surrogate community

The latest answer to when we plan on having children:  "We mistakenly chose to name our firstborn Godot, so it's going to be a long wait."

One of these day's I'll parody Godot again, infertility-style.  But it's been a while since I read Beckett and I didn't particularly enjoy him, so I don't remember quite enough for today.

And a question for the intended-parent community:  Is one expected to be present at the embryo transfer?  I'm exhausted, and Husband and I always fight when we go to Chicago, and I work Friday night through into Saturday morning.  And going alone when Surrogate is going with her husband seems awkward.  Plus, flights are expensive.

On the other hand, is there an etiquette to this?  Am I expected to go?  Motherhood involves plenty of inconveniences and so does pregnancy, so why should I complain?  Also, Surrogate seems really to want us present.  And I feel less as if I'm taking advantage of her if I must inconvenience myself a bit too.

Anybody out there been in this position?  Advice appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment