Friday, February 24, 2012

There must be something positive about the infertility of Turner's Syndrome

Okay, so I managed to think of something.  If I don't want to have a period, I don't have to.  I can skip my OCP and go without a period, or shift the timing of my period.  (If you can call it a period.  Technically isn't it more of a withdrawal bleed, nothing more than chemically-induced shedding of the lining?)  The cost is more hot flushes than I can count, but at least for once, I can be in control of my body.  My body prevented me from becoming a professional ballerina and it has prevented me from becoming a mother.  At least I deserve the option of controlling this one small thing.

I know it's silly, but taking the OCP bothers me sometimes.  I feel like a fake, like I'm just imitating what everyone else does naturally.  It's ridiculous.  I have no problem taking levothyroxine to compensate for Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  I have no problem taking losartan to treat my hypertension.  But why must I take birth control pills for my hormone replacement, when more than anything else in the world I want a baby?

2 comments:

  1. I too got tired of bcp. I went on seasonelle or seasonique not spelled right.lol not the best speller. Anyway I chose to forgo the period for constant pill. I went 3 years without. It was a fake period anyway and painful cramping from being forced. It's kinda nice to say it because not many know what I go through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to email me pebblesnj29@yahoo.com or fb gabrielle lasko.

    ReplyDelete