Friday, October 21, 2011

Irony of the week awards, and PLEASE -- SOME ADIVCE!!!

I am utterly exhausted, and so frustrated with being such a bad physician and intern, and just wish I knew how to improve.  ANY ADVICE WELCOME!

But at least we have irony.  Here's for the irony of the week awards:
1. My patient asked me if I have any children.  "No," I replied.  "Why?"  His answer:  "You're very maternal."  If only he knew.  Maybe caring for patients will have to be my maternal outlet.  I've come to expect only the absolute worst.  I keep myself going by reminding myself that my Heaven will have six babies eating for me, and my great-grandmother too.

2. I keep getting email from some breastfeeding organization.  Seriously!?  I couldn't do that even if I were ever going to have babies.

3. I also get invited to the Family Planning Conference on a School-of-Medicine-wide email.  Again, seriously!?  My single streak ovary and I only wish I had to worry about family planning.  Instead I must plan a life with no family and learn to accept it with grace.

4. Several people this week asked me "How's the baby?" or "You must be getting excited."  I don't think this one needs an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment