Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Joys of Residency: Maternity Leave for a Lost Baby

Aren't I lucky?  I don't get to have a baby, but I do get to have four weeks' maternity leave for a baby who's never coming.  In late January, when Husband can't even take vacation. 

It's not that I can't switch.  But who'd be willing?  I sent a mass email and nobody came forward.  I'm sure they'd help if they could, but it's tricky to find someone with the appropriate schedule since every schedule change affects everyone.

I'm okay with having an extra floor month.  I can handle having only one elective month.   But must they rub salt in my wound by making me take "maternity" leave?  Or is it, taking leave of any hope of maternity?  Or maternity leaving me behind?

But these word games don't make me smile at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment