Thursday, May 5, 2011

יום בהיר של שמש Fun in the Sun :o)

Hi again, everyone!

I have concluded that Israel is synonymous with overeating.  There are those who would say I could use two weeks of overeating; I disagree wholeheartedly, but nevermind.  I will say we are having a delightful time.  Today we went to the beach in Haifa.  Hof Camel (Camel beach), to be exact.  Apparently the official beach season began today.  The water was frigid in my opinion and refreshing in Husband's.  But the waves were fun, and there as a pretty good showing considering that it was hot but not disgustingly so, it was a weekday, and many people were still at work.  The paddle-ball players were already out so we had to dodge them as we walked along the beach.  It was also quite windy, and we dried off in only five minutes.  But how wonderful!  And it was CLEAN since it's only the season's beginning.  By August there will be plenty of litter along the shore.  I must admit I was shocked to find the water cold because it is the perfect temperature when I come in the summer -- but I stuck it out for at least fifteen minutes, which is a lot for me.  And that excludes the fifteen minutes it took to get from my toes wet to my neck wet.

We told Husband's parents about Operation Baby, minus the egg donor.  We aren't sure how they would react and they will never know if we don't tell them.  But my mother-in-law is very accepting of surrogacy, which is a blessing.  She has decided we will have twins.  From her mouth to God's ears, I say.  In fact, she also found an article in Yediot Aharonot (one of the main newspapers) about raising twins.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.

I would love to write more, but it's nearly 2:00am here and we have a wedding and a drive down to Be'er Sheva tomorrow.  It was once home to Abraham.  We are not likely to encounter our forefather, but we are planning on having dinner with Husband's father and stepmother, and their children.  Thus it's time for sleep.

Good night!  Or as they say here, layla tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment