Tuesday, May 24, 2011

...and that's Dr. Mim to you!

As I suspect it's highly unlikely one can get buzzed on half a glass of champagne even at my weight and being a near teetotaler, I think this buzz is primarily due to...graduating medical school!  I still can't believe it -- me, an MD.  A doctor.  With all the privilege and responsibilities of the profession.  I used my new initials on an email today for the first time and it was so COOL to see them in black and white.  (Okay, actually in second grade I once signed MD after my name because my mommy did it, so wasn't that just what you did?)

The ceremony was lovely -- in a beatifully-restored 1920s movie theater now used for the performing arts and also the same venue used for my mother's medical school graduation - and the reception was very sweet, and then our dear friends came over to visit and enjoy my unfortunately less-than-successful cake.  Oh, well.  The company was the fun part, and we baptized my new Arabic coffee set.

Now it's bedtime after a wee bit too much sugar.  If I can sleep.

Mim, MD signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment